- Arc has two reading periods:
- submissions received from April 1 to July 31 will be read for the Winter issue
- submissions received from September 1 to December 31 will be read for the Summer issue
- Arc does not accept general submissions from January 1 to March 31 and from August 1 to August 31.
- Arc does not accept paper submissions. Submissions received by mail will not be read and will not receive a response.
- Arc only accepts submissions using the online submission manager as seen below.
Arc accepts unsolicited submissions of previously
unpublished poetry in English, or translations of poetry into English,
on any subject and in any form.
- Submissions must not exceed 3 poems or 360 lines.
- Submissions must be typed and single spaced (double spaces will be interpreted as blank lines).
- Submissions of visual poetry or concrete poetry should be submitted in PDF format.
- Submissions must include the poet’s name, email address, and mailing address on each page.
- Submissions must include the poet’s biography. Biographical statements should be two to three sentences or approximately 50 words.
- Multiple submissions must be submitted separately. On Submittable, each poem must be in a separate submission along with the poet’s biography. Submissions will be grouped together by submitter.
- Poets may only submit once each calendar year.
- Poets may submit poems that are simultaneously submitted elsewhere. Poems that have been accepted by another publication should be withdrawn from Arc immediately.
Arc pays for poetry at the rate of $50 per page. Payment is issued upon publication along with one free copy of the issue in which the work appears. With acceptance, Arc secures First Canadian Serial Rights, meaning the poems should not appear in any print or digital publication before the release of the issue in which the work appears. All rights will revert to the author upon publication.