Fantasy and Science Fiction
• We do not accept simultaneous submissions. Please prepare your submission according to standard guidelines, which you can find here: www.sfwa.org/2008/11/manuscript-preparation/ . If you're mailing your manuscript, put your name on each page, and enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Writers are encouraged to submit their work electronically.
• We prefer not to see more than one submission from a writer at a time.
• Allow 8 weeks for a response.
• Payment is 8-12 cents per word on acceptance. We buy first North American and foreign serial rights and an option on anthology rights. All other rights are retained by the author.
• Our columns and non-fiction articles are assigned in-house. We do not accept freelance submissions in those areas.
• Since we use so little art—just six covers a year, no interiors—we have no separate artist's guidelines. Please send art samples to Gordon Van Gelder at the address below.
• Send cartoon queries as well as orders for sample copies to Gordon Van Gelder, Fantasy & Science Fiction, P.O. Box 3447, Hoboken, NJ 07030.
• Send story submissions to C.C. Finlay — Editor, The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, using the online submission form at ccfinlay.moksha.io/publication/fsf.