The Smat Set
The Smart Set accepts submissions and pitches on a rolling basis via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We consider excellent and original non-fiction works between 1500 and 3500 words, such as:
- Critical essays
- Cultural critiques and analyses
- Scholarly articles
- Food and travel writing
- Political commentaries
- Personal essays and memoir
- Book, film, and television reviews
- Unpublished excerpts
We do not accept:
- Previously published work
Tips and advice:
- Familiarize yourself with our recently published content and regular columns before submitting.
- Submissions of non-text media, such as photographs or video, may also be considered.
- Please format your submission as a Word document with Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced.
- The Smart Set follows AP style with house adjustments. We do not use footnotes.
- The Smart Set reserves the right to reject submissions without explanation.