Three Crows Magazine
Three Crows want your stories of dark and weird fantasy, horror, and sci-fi, with complex characters making morally ambiguous decisions.
We are looking for sci-fi as hard as Liu Cixin and Peter Watts and as wonderfully poetic as Arkady Martine; fantasy and magical realism in the vein of Andrzej Sapkowski, Naomi Novik, and Marlon James; we want horror and New Weird stories that would challenge our preconceived notions and perception of reality like Mark Z. Danielewski, Thomas Ligotti, and China Mieville.
What we don’t want:
- Stories lacking class consciousness
- Retellings of Christo-Judean or any other religious mythology ‘with a twist’;
- Stories based around racial slurs;
- Stories based on your TTRPG adventures;
- Stories where rape/abuse is the sole character development tool;
- Revenge fantasies;
- Rape fantasies;
No multiple submissions, please. Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but we ask that you inform us immediately if your work gets published elsewhere
Add your cover letter (Dear Editors is fine):
- Story Title
- Word count
- A 1-2 sentence summary of the story
- A list of works published in any other paid markets (no self-published works or vanity markets)
- A 1-2 sentence about yourself for the bio
WE ACCEPT SUBMISSIONS ONLY THROUGH OLEADA.IO
Stories submitted via email or not following the guidelines will be disregarded without notice.
FAILING TO MEET ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED CRITERIA IS AN AUTOMATIC REJECTION
It usually takes up to 45 days to respond to the ever-growing volume of submissions. After 45 days – feel free to query on the status of your submissions to any of the emails below:
Please, don’t submit another story for a period of 30 days after receiving a rejection. Don’t re-submit stories that have been rejected. Do not query for permission.
We pay 0.01$/word (USD) via paypal.
We are buying first world-exclusive serial and electronic rights, translation rights, non-exclusive world anthology and audio rights, from the date the contract is signed and paid for up until 1 year (12 months) after the publication date.
After 1 year (12 months), we’ll retain non-exclusive distribution rights.