- Submit online through Submittable (link below). No email submissions will be read.
- Include author's name and contact information on all submissions.
- We allow simultaneous submissions, but please immediately withdraw work that has been accepted elsewhere.
- We accept multiple submissions but wait at least a month between entries.
- Work submitted must be previously unpublished, print and online.
- Authors retain rights to their work from the time of publication in Boulevard.
- Please no handwritten submissions.
- Cover letters with previous credits are not required.
- We accept international subscriptions, for both the general submissions and the contests.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Our average response time is four months. Please do not query before then.
- Send only complete, fully proofread work. We will not consider revisions--this is too difficult administratively for our small staff.
- For response include a SASE.
- There is a $3 fee to submit online. There is no fee to submit by post.
- We accept works up to 8,000 words.
- We do not accept science fiction, erotica, westerns, horror, romance, or children's stories.
- Submit no more than five poems at a time.
- We accept poems of up to 200 lines.
- We do not accept light verse.
- Prose minimum is $100, maximum is $300
- Poetry minimum is $25, maximum is $250