Please be sure to read and adhere to these guidelines carefully, or your submission will not be considered:
· You must be 13+ years old to submit.
· Submissions can be on any topic. Our only criteria is that your submission is written for a teen and young adult audience. Please note our readers are aged 11-18 years old.
· Do not submit work that is not aimed at a teen audience. It will not be accepted.
· You are welcome to make multiple submissions. Please check the categories below for limits on submissions.
· Please submit each piece in a separate document.
· We do not accept work that has been published elsewhere.
· We accept simultaneous submissions, but we ask you to notify us immediately if your submission has been accepted elsewhere.
· Submissions after the deadline will not be considered.
· We will respond to every submission within approximately six weeks from the closing date.
· Please note that we cannot offer feedback on unsuccessful submissions.
· While we are very open to the content of the submissions, we will not accept any pieces that are prejudiced in nature. We will not accept pieces that include, but are not limited to: sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or classist content.
How to Submit:
Please format your submission as follows:
- Email your submission as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with
the subject line ‘Submission: Category’ (for example: Submissions:
Poetry) and include your name in the body of the email. Do not include
your name within the document attached.
- Make sure to fill in the form linked below. If you do not fill in this form, your submission is not complete and therefore will not be considered. Fill in a separate form for each piece.
Format your piece:
- Microsoft Word document (please, no PDF).
- Font size 12
- Type in Calibri or Times New Roman. (Experimental typography is permitted if it serves a purpose in the story.)
- Do not include your name in the document.
- Each written piece should be in a separate document.
- Please title your word document in the following format:
YOUR NAME – Short Story – TITLE OF PIECE
YOUR NAME – Flash Fiction – TITLE OF PIECE
YOUR NAME – Poetry – TITLE OF PIECE
Maximum word count: 2000 words.
We will accept a maximum of two short stories per submission period.
Maximum word count: 400 words.
We will accept a maximum of three samples per submission period.
Maximum word count: 40 lines
We will accept a maximum of three poems per submission period.
Should your submission be successful, we reserve the right to make minor edits to your work to comply with our style guide.
We are able to pay a fee to our contributors. The fee is €50 for poetry or flash fiction and €75 for short stories. This is payable by PayPal. If you are under 16, you will receive a book voucher.
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please feel free to ask at email@example.com