The Bureau Dispatch
We want your best work. We are not a spec fic journal, but our stories often contain a hint of the speculative, a dash of the intriguing. We want fiction that is compelling and beautifully-crafted; narratives that leave the reader breathless and changed. The kind of story that, when all is said and done, elicits a resounding "sh*t, yeah!"
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know in your cover letter and do notify us as soon as your piece is accepted elsewhere.
- Send only one previously unpublished piece at a time.
- We currently do not accept reprints.
- Please include a 75-80 word third-person writer's bio in your cover email.
- The current response time is 3-4 weeks. Thank you for your patience!
If your story is accepted, you will be invited to submit the remaining items of your writer's dossier. The dossier is made up of:
- The accepted story;
- A photograph of you in your writing space;
- A list of 5-10 things on your desk or in your preferred writing space; and
- A short 70-80 word third person bio.
The Bureau Dispatch pays US$50 for work published.
- We require exclusive electronic rights for 3 months and non-exclusive print rights (for future print anthologies or collections) within 2 years of acceptance. All copyrights remain with the author at all times.
- Additional explanations of rights will be available in a contract sent after a work has been accepted and the author notified.
- Authors are always paid before their work goes live.
Thank you for trusting TBD with your work, and we look forward to reading your stories!