Water Dragon Publishing
We are delighted you’re considering working with us, and genuinely look forward to seeing your story!
We are primarily interested in:
- science fiction
- science fiction or fantasy genre non-fiction
Note: Submissions for the “Truck Stop at the Center of the Galaxy” are currently by invitation only.
If your submission is:
- literary fiction, mystery, or historical fiction, please submit your story to our main imprint at Paper Angel Press.
- short fiction (less than 10,000 words), please submit your story to our Dragon Gems program.
You might also consider whether it might be a good fit for one of our upcoming anthologies:
- other non-fiction or poetry, please submit your work to our Unruly Voices imprint.
Note: We are not accepting simultaneous submissions at this time.
Here are some basic guidelines that will help make all of our lives easier. Please make sure you read them, and also our About Us page.
Send us your complete, finished manuscripts in digital format, using a standard book manuscript format in .DOCX, .RTF, or .ODT format to submissions (at) waterdragonpublishing.com.
If you’re not sure what a manuscript format is, here’s a good source. Except please, not Courier. Or Comic Sans.
Include the following in your cover letter/email:
- Title of your book
- Your legal name
- Your preferred name (if different from your legal name)
- Your preferred email address
- Approximate word count
- … and if you have one, a marketing plan or ideas about audience is also most helpful.
We generally accept submissions February through October.
We will try to acknowledge receipt of your manuscript within 72 hours. We’ll also try to let you know whether or not we’re interested in working with you to publish your book within 90 days after that. Both of these periods may vary, though, depending on the number of manuscripts we’ve received during that time.
Please don’t contact us about the status of your manuscript unless at least 90 days have passed since we acknowledged receiving it. If you did not receive a acknowledgement, please feel free to contact us.