Write Time Competitions
Welcome to WriteTime
We publish new short stories by older writers from across the world and we run regular writing competitions. If you’ve got a good story to tell it’s easy and inexpensive to enter.
If you’re over 60 and you’d like to do more with your writing, this is the place for you.
Now is the time.
Here is the place.
WriteTime Competition Rules
1. Entries must be in English.
2. Entries must be a maximum of 1500 words on any theme.
3. Entries must not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
4. Entries submitted by post cannot be returned.
5. The closing dates for entries during 2022 are 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December. Winners will be notified within six weeks of the closing date.
6. By entering the competition you are agreeing to publication on the website. The results of the competition and the winning stories will be published at www.writetime.org/storytime
7. Entering the competition gives Shoreham Press CIC the once-only permission to publish the story in the WriteTime anthology.
8. Extracts from stories may be used as examples of good practice in the WriteTime newsletter.
9. Entries will be judged anonymously and the judges will not know the name or gender of any author.
10. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. No corrections will be accepted or refunds given.
12. Copyright remains with the author.
13. Entries not complying with competition rules will be disqualified.
14. Submission of an entry or entries implies acceptance of these rules.
Submitting your entry
15. All entries must be prepaid.
16. Entries should be submitted through this website or by post. See How to Enter for full details.