Please do not send poems which appear or have appeared in open access areas of the internet, as these are deemed already published.
Poems should be in English in any style, but please study the magazine before submitting. A few back issues are held online at the Poetry Library. A complimentary copy is sent to successful poets. The poet retains the copyright of any printed poems. We do not accept translations.
- You may submit a maximum of three poems per issue
- You must provide two copies of each poem
- Each poem is typed on separate sheets of A4 paper in Times New Roman, 12-point
- Your name, address or any other identifying details must not appear on the the front or back of the manuscript
- We do not return manuscripts
- Deadlines are 31 May for the Autumn issue and 30 November for the Spring issue the following year; you may submit work at any time
- We do not inform individuals whether or not their work has been selected; we ask that you check the Next issue section of this website
- A list of poems selected for each edition of SOUTH will be published in the Next issue section of this website as soon as the text has been typeset
- Successful poets will be contacted before publication to invite them to take part in a reading to launch the forthcoming issue
- We do not accept submissions by email
- Submissions which do not meet our criteria will not be considered.
Please print and use this SOUTH PDF submission form. It has all the necessary information for submitting to SOUTH.