ProseProse authors may submit a manuscript at any time of the year. The press will endeavour to respond within 4 months.
- Authors should not send complete manuscripts in the first instance. Instead, they should send a synopsis of not more than 500 words as well as two chapters.
- Together with the synopsis and chapters, you should send a resumé or cv, which should list any previous publications.
- We cannot consider handwritten submissions, so please have everything typed or word-processed, on standard-size white paper.
- Except in special circumstances, all submissions must be sent by post. Do not attempt to send us anything by email unless you have obtained our permission to do so.
- All submissions, no matter where they are being sent from, should be sent to our UK office: The Waywiser Press (Submissions), Christmas Cottage, Church Enstone, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, UK, OX7 4NN.
- If you have not received a response from us within 4 months, please assume that your manuscript has not been accepted.
- We regret that submitted material cannot be returned, so do not send us anything you want returned to you, and do not enclose self-addressed envelopes, stamps or postage coupons.
- Until further notice, we regret that we cannot consider submissions from authors who already have two or more published poetry collections to their name.
- It is a requirement of eligible authors – i.e. authors who either haven’t already published a collection of poems or else have published a maximum of one – that they enter it for the press’s annual Anthony Hecht Poetry Prize, which opens annually on August 1st and closes on December 1st. Guidelines for submission to this contest are shown below, but anyone thinking about entering is advised to consult this website after August 1st, when full details are posted. In the meantime, further information about the prize is to be found by clicking on this link: The Anthony Hecht Poetry Prize