Submitting to upstreetWe invite you to submit your fiction and creative nonfiction for the next issue of upstreet. Please read these guidelines carefully. If they are not followed, your submission will not be considered.
- upstreet does not consider unsolicited poetry submissions. Only poems submitted by invitation will be read. Queries about poetry may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We take submissions only through the upstreet Submission Manager, an online system that will be found here.
- The submission period for upstreet is from September 1 to March 1. The Submission Manager will take work only within that time period.
- The Submission Manager provides a form to enter the author’s name, address, phone number, and email. A brief bio and other information may be entered in the comments field.
- Please do not submit previously published works, or more than two fiction and two nonfiction pieces per issue.
- Fiction and nonfiction pieces must be 5,000 words or less. Each item should be submitted separately. If more than one piece is included in a file, the submission will be withdrawn, unread.
- Please tell us if your submission is being considered elsewhere, and tell us immediately if it is accepted by another publication.
- Notification will be made via email by May.
The next issue of upstreet will appear in early July. Payment, upon publication, will be
between $50 and $250 for short stories or essays. Each author will also receive one complimentary copy, and may purchase more copies at a reduced rate.