Betty Trask Award
Betty Trask left a bequest to the Society of Authors in 1983 to fund prizes for first novels written by authors under the age of 35 in a traditional or romantic style.
Each year a single prize winner receives £10,000 and the remaining fund is split between a number of award winners.
Entry to the 2023 Betty Trask Prize and Awards will open in August
- Deadline for entries: 30 November 2022
- The author must be under the age of 35 on the 31 December 2021.
- The author must be resident in Great Britain and Northern Ireland or the Commonwealth for three years prior to the date of submission for the award, or a British national, and writing in English.
- The author must not have had any novel published (other than the one submitted).
- The work submitted must be in the English language and the work of one author (not a translation).
- The work submitted must be a novel of a romantic or traditional nature (i.e. not experimental).
- If published or self-published, the work must have been published between 1 January 2021 and 30 November 2021.
- If unpublished, the work must not have been previously submitted for the Betty Trask Prize and Awards.
For any queries relating to the prize please contact firstname.lastname@example.org