Freelance Writing Facilitators
As a Ministry of Stories Writing Facilitator you will work collaboratively with schools to deliver creative learning experiences that challenge and inspire children and young people, supporting them to produce high-quality creative writing.
You will be responsible for planning, delivering and evaluating workshops and projects that meet individual schools’ needs. These may, for example, focus on a particular writing form, target group of students, or link to a particular school topic or curriculum area.
Projects vary in duration, from one-off workshops to term-long projects. We also have a bank of existing workshops and projects that schools can book, and offer practical training sessions for teachers.
Writing Facilitator Fees:
We have a set day/half day rate of £210/£110, inclusive of planning and preparation.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience planning and delivering creative writing projects with children and young people, working with any writing form (poetry, fiction, speech writing, journalism etc).
- Be able to work effectively with teachers, other members of school staff and Ministry of Stories Volunteer Writing Mentors
- Be confident working in a school setting and managing groups of up to 30 children
- Have experience of planning and delivering engaging and inspiring participatory workshops and projects that produce high-quality writing
- Experience of taking work through to a final publication or performance
- Have or be willing to complete an enhanced DBS check, and provide two professional references