Short Story Competition
To celebrate one year of The Short Story Workshop we are holding our own short story competition! The winning story will be featured on the podcast and receive a prize of $75. Two runners-up will receive personalised feedback. The closing date is November 15th 2021.
- There is a limit of 5,000 words.
- Stories can be any genre or style but no erotica or heavy politics.
- You may wish to consider that the winning story will be read aloud – some styles work better for this than others.
- Although our tastes are quite varied, it may help to listen to some of our previous episodes to get a sense of what we like.
- Stories must not have been previously published professionally. Personal blogs are fine.
- Please double-space the document and include the title and your name in the header.
- Stories can be in .pdf, .odt or .docx format.
How to Enter
There is an entry fee of $2.50 which you can pay with the button below. Then e-mail your story to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure the name from your Paypal is included in your e-mail so we can cross-reference whether you’ve paid.
If you want to receive occasional e-mails about site news and competition updates, enter your e-mail address below.