Psychopomp Magazine Short Fiction Award
First Place Award: $500 and issue publication w/ interview
All finalists will be considered for publication on our site as “special contest features.”
The Editors will judge.
We will next open to contest submissions after 2020. Guidelines are below.
1. Submit up to 6,000 words (double-spaced, 12-point font, pages numbered) of a short story or a self-contained excerpt of a novella or novel. The Psychopomp Magazine staff reserve the right to stop reading at any point after our specified limit. Work previously published is ineligible. Simultaneous submissions are accepted so long as you inform us immediately that your work has been accepted elsewhere.
2. Please do not send publication history or a cover letter. We just want to see your work. To that end, please remove the writer’s name from within the manuscript. If the byline is different from the name under which you submitted, you can inform us of your preferred publishing name later in the event that your story wins.
3. Submit via our submissions manager. The entry fee is $10, payable during the time of submission.
4. Results will be posted to the website by early May. Finalists and winners will be notified by email.
5. For questions, email email@example.com with “Contest Question” in the subject heading.
6. Those closely affiliated (personally or professionally) with the editors are ineligible to submit.