INDIGO INTERNATIONAL WILD NATURE POETRY AWARD 2021
OPENS: 1st JULY – DEADLINE 30th SEPTEMBER 2021
PRIZES: 1st £200, 2nd £100, 3rd £75 - all +anthology publication.
Additionally League Against Cruel Sports members will also be eligible for the League Prize £75 + League goodie bag + anthology publication.
•Cruel sports in their various forms - includes Trophy and other hunting, shooting, animal fighting.
•Wildlife in general
•The natural world
WORD LIMIT – Poems to 48 lines max excluding title inc. breaks.
SUBMISSION – by email or post before 30th September 2021 Details below.
ENTRY FEE – £5 per poem reducing with quantity (see payment)
**Please state if you are a member of League Against Crual Sports in submission to be considered for additional prize**
1.The competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over.
2. Poems must be your own work and not have been published either in print or on a website, nor be available for future prize consideration or publication elsewhere prior to results announcement.
3. Entries should be typed, single spaced, in plain 11 point font, ideally Word document - no PDF please.
4. Entries are judged anonymously so poems must not bear any identifying marks
5. EMAIL Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. No other email address may be used, Subject Heading: ‘Indigo Wild Nature’ only. Send one email with name, address and PayPal transaction number. List the titles of poems submitted. Please state if you are a member of the League in your submission.
Attach poems to your email with no name or identifying marks.
6. POST Include a note with name, address and list of poems. Please state if are a member of the League in your submission. Enclose a cheque for the correct amount to ‘IDP’ only. In a separate envelope enclose your poems with no name or identifying marks. If you would like receipt of entry to be confirmed, please enclose a stamped addressed envelope marked RECEIPT. For results sheet, enclose SAE marked RESULTS. Send to Indigo Wild Nature, Indigo Dreams Publishing, 24 Forest Houses, Halwill, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5UU
7. We regret that we are unable to return poems, or amend them after entry.
8. Copyright remains with the authors and by submitting to this competition you are agreeing to details of winners to be displayed on our website, social media and elsewhere.
50% of payments after prize money will be donated by Indigo Dreams to the League Against Cruel Sports.
The anthology is Voices For The Silent to be published 2022. Submissions invited soon.
The Indigo International Wild Nature Poetry Award 2021 will be adjudicated from anonymised entries by Ronnie Goodyer and Dawn Bauling of multi-award winning Indigo Dreams. Indigo Dreams were voted Most Innovative Publishers 2021 at the Saboteur Literary Awards, having previously won in 2017. Their joint collection Forest moor or less won the Best Collaborative Work 2021 at the same Award ceremony. Sir Elton John said reading it was "a perfect way to start the weekend" Dawn and Ronnie were the first joint winners of the prestigious international award, the 'Ted Slade Award for Services to Poetry'. "Without people like Dawn and Ronnie many of today's well known poets would not have had the opportunity to find a platform, develop their skills or find an audience. Their contribution to poetry cannot be underestimated."
The League Prize will be longlisted by the League's Poet-in-Residence Ronnie Goodyer and sent to League Against Cruel Sports for final adjudication.