Silvere Apples Short Story Competition
2. The Competition is not open to the producers of Silver Apples Magazine (“us" or "we”), their family members, or anyone else connected to the Competition.
3. Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
How to Enter
4. To enter the Competition, you must submit 1 short story of between 1500 and 5000 words. If we have reason to believe your Submission is not your own work or otherwise breaches the terms laid out below, then we may not consider it and may disqualify it.
The Submission must have been rejected from other magazines/journals/competitions (this is an honour-system, we trust you to be honest).
Must not have been published before in any other publication (or on any website)
Must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use
Must not promote your own or third-party goods or services or include any trademarks
Must not promote inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to any third party.
5. Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Redemption — Short Story Competition” in the subject line. Your Submission costs €10 (ten euro). The cost of entry is non-refundable and entrants are solely responsible for the cost of entry.The submission will only be considered if the cost of entry is paid.
6. This is a blind competition. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR UPLOADED DOCUMENT. If you do, this will result in automatic disqualification. Entrants must have a valid PayPal account in order to enter. Title your submission file as the order number provided by PayPal. All pages must be numbered and have the title of the story on each page. Only Submissions received in this format will be accepted.
7. If you have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with the Competition, please email us at email@example.com.
Entry Terms and Conditions
8. Silver Apples Magazine accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
9. The Competition opens on January 11th 2021 and closes at 23:59 on March 17th 2021. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered. Silver Apples Magazine reserves the right in its absolute discretion to extend the closing date for a reasonable period of time where an insufficient number of the entries received have satisfied the entry and judging criteria.
10. You own the copyright to your Submission as its author.
11. By submitting an entry to the Competition, you give Silver Apples Magazine:
a. Permission for your Submission to be published on our website (www.silverapplesmagazine.com) and on any social media account controlled by us (including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter accounts) for purposes connected with the Competition, and to adapt the Submission to enable such publication (including to edit it to a reasonable extent for such purposes, e.g. proofreading for typos and errors).
b. The right to use your name and country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your Submission and/or as a winner or runner-up of the Competition.
Picking the Winners
12. The competition will comprise of a long list and a short list. The Silver Apples team will decide the longlist and will narrow this down to the twelve best submissions which will comprise the shortlist. We will present the shortlist to the judges who will decide the top three winners (i.e. first, second, and third place). All twelve shortlisted Submissions (including the first, second, and third place winners) will be published in a special future issue of Silver Apples Magazine titled “Redemption II.”
13. The judges' decision of who the winners are will be made on or before May 31st. The judges' decision is final.
14. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three winning Submissions only. The prizes for the Competition are as set out below:
First Place — €200 (two hundred euro)
Second Place — €125 (one hundred and twenty five euro)
Third Place — €75 (seventy five euro)
15. Winning entrants must have a valid PayPal account in order to receive prize money. Prizes will be paid on or before July 31st 2021. In the unlikely event that we do not get enough submissions to cover prize money, submission fees will be refunded by the same date.
Now. It’s time to submit!
Here’s the link: