Michael McLaverty Short Story Awards
MICHAEL McLAVERTY SHORT STORY AWARD 2020
THE PRIZE FOR THE WINNING STORY IS £2,000; with £250 for each of the two runners-up. The winning story will be published with the two runners-up in a limited anthology.
ADJUDICATORS: Multi award-winning writer Donal Ryan (The Spinning Heart; The Thing About December; All We Shall Know; A Slanting of the Sun; From a Low and Quiet Sea; Strange Flowers) and Patsy Horton, Managing Editor of Blackstaff Press.
CLOSING DATE: Midnight Sunday 31st January 2021
1.The award is open to those who were born in, or are citizens of, or resident in Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland.
2.NO entry form is required.
3. Entries must NOT have been, by the date of submission, published or broadcast in any medium.
4. Entries must be typed, in double spacing, using only one side of A4 paper.
5. Entries must NOT exceed the maximum of 3,000 words.
6. Entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the Linen Halllibrary at the address below. Hard copy entries will NOT be returned.
7. No indication of the writer’s identity may appear on the story to be entered.
8. Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address should be submitted separately, under the heading Michael McLaverty Short Story Award 2020.
9. No more than ONE story may be submitted by any entrant.
10. The decision of the adjudicators is final.
11. Winners and runners-up ONLY will be notified.
12. The adjudicators will not enter into any correspondence concerning the award.
13. The staff of the Linen Hall Library will not enter into any correspondence concerning the award.
14. Should an appropriate standard not be achieved, no award will be presented.
15. The Linen Hall Library reserves the right to select for publication such entries as may be deemed appropriate, in any year.
16. The Linen Hall Library will liaise with successful authors in preparing texts for publication.
17. The award will be presented at the Linen Hall Library in June 2021.