- Fourteen pages of published poems unified by subject, form, and style is the minimum per submission.
- The poems must have been published in a print or online journal, chapbook, or book in 2020.
- Entire books composed of a unified sequence however long are also welcome.
- The unity of shorter sequences, which are enthusiastically welcomed, should be apparent but also articulated in a paragraph describing the aims of the sequence. Such a statement should accompany each submission, book-length or shorter.
- If the poems in the sequence have been published separately in print or online journals or in a chapbook, please include four copies of the table of contents and the copyright page of each journal or chapbook attached to the poems published in that publication.
- If the sequence is contained in a book, please send four copies of the sequence along with four copies of the table of contents' page and the copyright page.
- Please be sure to order the poems in the sequence.
- If the sequence constitutes an entire book, please send four copies of the book.
- Self-published work is ineligible.
- Only one submission per author will be considered.
- Only work published in 2020 will be considered.
- The Poetry Society of America will accept submissions from authors, publishers, and literary agents
- The submission must be accompanied by an entry form.
- There is no submission fee.