Earlyworks Short Story Comeptition
Competition Judge Lynne WalshFor more information please visit the editor's blog here
RULES AND CONDITIONS
- The competition is open to anyone over 16.
- Closing date 31 October 2020. Winners will be notified in January 2021.
- Entry fee £5 per story up to 4000 words. £10 for over 4000. Maximum 8000 words.
- Stories must be the work of the entrant, previously unpublished, and not simultaneously entered for other competitions.
- The judges’ decision is final. No discussion will be entered into.
- Entries are not returnable and cannot be acknowledged without SAE marked for that purpose.
- Copyright remains with the author although Earlyworks Press reserves the right to publish winning entries in an anthology or online during 2021.
- Submission of work will be taken as acceptance of rules and conditions.
PrivacyWhen you enter a competition, you send us your contact details. Name and email address are essential – you may also wish to include alternative contact details, such as a postal address.
You can see our competitions privacy statement here.
ENTRY BY EMAIL
We accept email entries in the body of an email (we don't open attachments). To submit your story by email:
- Pay for your entry by clicking either the £5 pay button (for stories up to 4000 words) or the £10 pay button (for stories up to 8000 words). Make a note of your PayPal transaction number.
- Include 'Short Story Competition 2020' in the subject line of your email.
- Put your contact details - name and email address are essential - and your PayPal transaction number at the top of your email.
- Paste your story into the body of your email, below your contact details and PayPal transaction number.
- Send your email to email@example.com
ENTRY BY POST
To submit your story by post:
- Make your payment in pounds sterling - cheques or POs are payable to Kay Green. The entry fee is £5 per story up to 4000 words, and £10 per story up to 8000 words.
- Print/write your story on single-sided A4 paper, remembering to number each page.
- Attach a cover sheet, marked ES2020, giving the title of the story/stories, the author's name, address and/or telephone number/email address. Please mention where you heard about this competition.
- Weigh your package and apply the correct postage. We cannot guarantee that entries will be received or opened if you don't do this.
- Send your entry, with your payment, to: Earlyworks Press, Creative Media Centre, 45 Robertson Street, Hastings Sussex TN34 1HL