Paul Torday Prize
Entry to the 2023 Prize will open in August
- Deadline for entries: Monday 30 November 2022
- The novel must have been first published in the UK and Republic of Ireland between 1 September 2020 and 31 August 2021.
- The novel must be a full length work by a living author.
- The book must be in the English language and cannot be a translated work.
- The novel must be the author’s first published full length fiction work, but they can have had works published of other lengths or other genres in the past.
- The author(s) must be aged 60 or over at the date of first print publication of the novel and living at the date of submission. In the event that the author is shortlisted, they will be asked to provide proof of age.
- There are no residence or nationality restrictions.
- We cannot accept books that are only available in e-format or that are self-published or where the author has contributed or paid for the costs of publishing.
- Submissions must be made by the print publisher.